Translate

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Muggle Struggle #1: Getting to Fiji... on a plane.

WOW! I have never been so stressed out while traveling in my life! After finding out that my flight from BOS to LAX was canceled it was like I was on The Amazing Race, and let me tell you I would not be in shape enough for that! I had to run/mall walk to catch my flight out of Boston to go to JFK making my goodbyes to Mom and Gramma sadly rushed. I got to the gate just as they were boarding my row. When I landed in JFK I had to run to another terminal where they kept shaking their heads at me telling me I would not make my flight to LAX where I needed to catch my flight to Fiji. But I was determined. I raced through the express security line, and ran, literally ran, through the airport terminal to my gate. Large tote in hand and heavy backpack on. I was the last person to get on the flight but I made it, nice and sweaty for my 6 hour flight to LAX. Upon landing in LAX I was supposed to get my checked suitcase and recheck it for my international flight. As the belt of bags spun around, and around, and around, and around it was with a sinking feeling that I realized that my bag had not made it through (sorry Mom for all the yelling and crying to you on the phone with that one). Moving on without my bag I rushed over to the international flights building where I received my ticket with an hour before flight time and a line for security check longer than ever. Once again I made it to my gate with no time to spare, landing myself a seat in the middle row in between two people. I was exhausted and starving and dehydrated. But mostly just tired. But apparently I hid it well because the guy on the plane next to me thought that it was date night, he would not shut up! World traveler, Air Force man and a New Yorker.... he probably couldn't tell you one thing about me as the conversation was very one sided with a lot of "right" "hmm" and "awesome" coming from my end. In a moment of silence I jumped at the opportunity to put my ipod in and drift in and out of sleep for the next 11 hours. I am now in Fiji and it is BEAUTIFUL! And I still don't have my luggage, we went to the air port today to try and figure it out. They told me it should have arrived because American sent it to Sydney .. however no luggage for me. (Mom want to complain to American Airlines for me? Maybe get some free round trips to VA or something?)

1 comment:

  1. Lindey-lou you are a trooper!! Your escapade totally fits my new fave qoute "sometimes its like the music stops and there's no chair"!!!!
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete